Legal administrative assistant in Litigation
Performs full legal administrative work in a responsible and confidential manner for one or more professionals, or to a specific department. This position receives some direction and guidance; but most tasks and objectives are accomplished independen
- The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and expedite the flow of work through the professional’s office, initiating follow-up action.
- Exercise initiative and judgment to relieve professional of administrative detail.
- Liaise between the professional’s various internal and external individuals, groups and clients at all levels.
- Prepare legal documents to general precedents or instructions from professional.
- Draft and type letters, memos and other documents of a confidential nature, which may be drafted independently for review by supervisor or may be prepared from dictation or hard copy.
- Take and transcribe dictation of a highly technical and/or confidential nature.
- Forward or respond to routine correspondence not requiring the professional’s attention.
- Manage the bring forward or diary system/database to ensure important dates/deadlines are met.
- Prepare special reports, which may include gathering, analyzing and summarizing data.
- Prepare followup information for the legal assistant to ensure the continuation of workflow upon the legal assistant’s return to work.
- Any other duties as required.
- Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with other firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines.
- Able to prioritize and redefine priorities when necessary.
- Handle stress in a business-like manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bilingualism (French/English) may be required in some offices.
Legal Assistant Certificate/Diploma.
Two (2) years or more of experience as a legal administrative assistant.
We will look at your profile attentively. However, please note that only the selected candidates will be contacted.
Back to the list